Staycation, Ireland is waiting for you
Rediscover the beauty of Salthill, and discover a number of beautiful sights along the way.
Why Visit Salthill?
There are a number of key reasons to visit Salthill:
1. Coastal Views (morning, noon and evening) immortalized by Artur Conan Doyle
If you ever go across the sea to Ireland
Then maybe at the closing of your day
You can sit and watch the moon rise over Claddagh
And see the sun go down on Galway Bay
Arthur Colahan, ‘Galway Bay’
2. The famous 'prom' walk is lined with people to say hello to, and you never know who you might meet along the way. Great for your health and well being!
3. Cultural and heritage sites including The famine memorial, Anchor, Metamorhic rocks, WAW Wild Atlantic Way discovery points, memorial garden, 'kick the wall' and the Diving Tower.
4. We have some amazing amenities and places to treat the taste buds, these business have had some very difficult times and your visit can do so much for the local economy
5.Salthill has a very unique sense of place and we believe our coastal village, warm welcome and memorable experiences can restore the balance of peace, come visit and keep discovering.
6. And Finally, we're here! So if you visit Salthill, you can pop in and say hello to all the creatures at Galway Atlantaquaria! We hope to see you soon.
Our goal is to share the diversity of stories that reflect the beauty of the sea, we are doing this by sharing images, stories, art, reviews & interpretation of the beautiful blue ocean we are only discovering.
This blog is to record the adventures , ocean literacy, discoveries , and showcase the hidden beauty of the Wild Atlantic Way.